Hayrakes and wooden rakes for the hay harvest, the lawn or garden landscaping by Lofer Rakes Manufactory - The Original
Proven quality with long handcraft-tradition - The original since 1872
Lofer Rechen has been producing wooden rakes, hay rakes and handles for scythes for almost 150 years. About 20.000 rakes and 1.500 scythe handles leave our family-run manufactory every year.
Over the centuries many different regionally demands on rakes emerged. My grandfather and my father acknowledged these various needs and adapted our products accordingly. Today we offer a great variety of different rakes the right one for every region and every task!
We proudly present our products on this website and wish you a good time browsing through our offers!
- Traditional rakes for the hay harvest and farming with curved rake head and available in different sizes and widths, with straight and curved teeth made of wood or nylon (the only producer worldwide!)
- Hayrakes/rakes for the hay harvest with curved teeth
- Rakes for the lawn with narrow standing teeth, light to carry, but very robust!
- Traditional full wooden rakes for the garden or as decoration
- Rake with V-shaped teeth made of wire, for wet grass or leaves
- Colorful rake for children age group 2-12 years
- "Pro Sand Austria" Bunkerrakes ideal to cultivate sand bunkers and for general care work at golf courses
- Garden Rakes for rough tasks in garden landscaping like levelling grit, pebbles or soil, very robust and with a thicker head (30% thicker than iron rakes)
- Plane Rakes to plane, flatten and rake soil and concrete
- Fine Plane Rakes - gentle rakes with double-sided teeth for more delicate tasks like rolling tusk and turf, to prepare the ground for golf courses or to turn over and level sand
Our wooden handles are available in different sizes - so everyone can find a suitable rake. Moreover they have variable sliders and grips. We produce 5 traditional types of handles:
- Regional Type:Pinzgau, Pongau, Tirol
- Regional Type:Salzburg Flachgau
- Regional Type:Innviertel
- Regional Type:Mühlviertel
- Regional Type:Steiermark, Lower Austria
The wood makes the difference!
We produce our rakes in unison with nature! It is important to us to keep to the traditional sustainable way of production, carefully choosing the local wood and caring for the right point of time to cut the tree. Only after at least three years of drying do we start to use the refined beechwood for the head of the rake, the teeth and the handles for scythes.
Advantages of wooden rakes compared to rakes made of metal:
- Natural elasticity of the wood!
- Less weight to carry! Ligther than metal rakes!
- Higher stability!
- 30% more working width!
- No plucking and bouncing!
- Easy & comfortable handling
- Stepless adjustable angle!